2015 Lincoln Day Dinner–a major SUCCESS!
The theme this year was “Honoring The Unsung Hero”. An audience of over 300 people dined on a wonderful meal while listening to many inspiring speeches and music. Not only was there a strong spirit of patriotism, but there was also a wonderful spirit of love and appreciation as stories were told by our elected officials of the unsung heroes in their lives.
- Rod Arquette told a personal story of his father who worked tirelessly to provide for his family and help his community before dying at the early age of forty-eight.
- US Representative Chris Stewart told the story of a young man who fought his entire life with a debilitating disease that confined him to a wheelchair yet, he never complained. Representative Stewart brought this brave man and his mother to the event.
- Utah Attorney General Reyes told how he was given the opportunity to participate in a secret mission of the Operation Underground Railroad organization in a sex-trafficking sting operation in South America to help save children sold into slavery.
- Congressman Bishop talked about the importance of remembering our history and those who have sacrificed much that we could live in this free land.
- Senator Lee gave a rousing speech about the importance of playing a role in keeping America free and following the rule of law.
- Governor Gary Herbert gave a wonderful speech about the importance of recognizing those everyday heroes in our lives.
- Chairman Wright told the story of how he was able to reunite with his 9th-grade teacher after 22 years and express to her what a life-changing impact she made on him.
2015 Unsung Hero Award
The evening came to a conclusion with the announcement of the 2015 Unsung Hero Award. Party Chair, Phill Wright played a ten-minute video that highlighted the achievements of the award recipient with her US Constitution Day program, Freedom’s Light, presented every year at Bountiful City Park on Constitution Day.
Congratulations to Dalane England the recipient of the 2015 Unsung Hero Award of the Davis County Republican Party. She was recognized on February 6, 2015, at the annual Lincoln Day Dinner, for her creation of the US Constitution Day Celebration program for school children, that she has produced the last six years. Dalane was recognized by friends and associates for her unselfish community service. She received the award from Utah Governor Gary Herbert, and Davis County Republican Party Chairman, Phill Wright.
2015 Lincoln Day Dinner Sponsors
Platinum Level $2,500
- Governor Gary Herbert
- Senator Mike Lee
- Senator Orrin Hatch
Gold Level $1,000
- Congressman Rob Bishop
Silver Level $750
- Congressman Chris Stewart
Bronze Level $500
- Senator Jerry Stevenson
- Senator Stuart Adams
- Representative Steve Handy
- Representative Brad Wilson
- Utah Press Association
- Utah League of Credit Unions
- America First Credit Union
- Deseret First Credit Union
- Goldenwest Credit Union
- Wasatch Peaks Credit Union
- Woodbury Technologies
- Davis Hospital
Thank you to all of those who attended this great event. A special thank you to our Master of Ceremonies KNRS radio host Rod Arquette, Utah Governor Gary Herbert, Attorney General Sean Reyes, US Senator Mike Lee, US Congressman Chris Stewart, US Congressman Rob Bishop, Utah Senator Stuart Adams and Utah Representative Brad Wilson. Thanks also to Donna Miner and Cathy Keen for a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem.
Kudos to Lincoln Day Chair Craig Foster and his committee. A special thanks to Cathy Keen and Roland Whitesides for their tremendous work in getting sponsorships. This was a very successful fundraising event for the DCRP. Thanks also to Kathy Wilson, Tamerah Dortzbach, Natalie Levi, Shaun Wright, Ann Marie Oborn, DCRP Vice Chair Joe Levi, DCRP Secretary Brady Jugler, and all of the other volunteers who worked tirelessly to make this an enjoyable event.
If you did not get an opportunity to attend this year’s Lincoln Day Dinner, please plan on attending next year. We promise that you will be filled with a wonderful meal and an incredible spirit of love, friendship and patriotism for this country given to us by divine providence.