County Convention Information
Dear DCRP County Delegates,
* Our DCRP Call to Convention went out via email on Saturday. If you did not receive it and are a DCRP County delegate, please contact DCRP Secretary Eric Short immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On April 18, 2020, we will hold our DCRP County Convention. Details have been sent to your email regarding the logistics of our convention. Since we are unable to gather in person, the candidates for the 2020 Davis County Republican Party Nominating Convention have delivered their speeches electronically. We would like to especially thank Logan and Kara Toone, who are part of our DCRP Convention Committee, for their time and talents in coordinating this project.
The 2020 DCRP County Nominating Convention Ballot Order was drawn tonight on a Zoom Call with members of DCRP Leadership and Candace Daly, DCRP Elections Chair. Candidates will be placed in order by their last name based on the order drawn for the ballot and for the county convention videos.
Use the links below to view their speeches in a YouTube playlist:
- County Elections (all county delegates vote on these elections)
- House Elections (delegates vote on the election for their particular house district)
Links to candidates’ webpages are included in the text section below the video. While viewing, you can see (and navigate to) all videos in the playlist using the pane at the right of the video viewer. Thank you for the time you will spend researching and vetting this candidates. We appreciate your service as a Davis County Republican Party County Delegate!
Dear DCRP County Delegates,
Pursuant to Section 6.1.3 of the Davis County Republican Party Bylaws, notice is hereby given that the Davis County Republican Party County Nominating Convention shall be convened beginning at 8:00 a.m.. on Saturday, April 18, 2020 at:
Davis County Administration Buildings
61 S. Main Street
Farmington, UT 84025
Instructions: Due to the COVID-19 concerns, we are holding an abbreviated form of our usual DCRP Nominating Convention. All Bylaw Proposals, Resolutions and other Party Business during this 2020 DCRP Nominating Convention have been suspended. The only agenda item will be to vote for the Davis County GOP candidates and determine a nominee in each of the races.
1. The DCRP County Nominating Convention will be held in the parking lot of the Davis County Administration Buildings in Farmington. All delegates will enter using the south entrance of the Farmington Library. Please see the accompanying map for more information.
- Check-in and credentialing time will begin depending on your Legislative District. *Please make every effort to come only at your assigned time to vote.
For the health and safety of all that are involved, we are taking every precaution to limit the amount of cars at a particular time. To find your Legislative District, please visit: https://le.utah.gov/GIS/findDistrict.jsp
It is very important that each delegate knows what Legislative District they are in PRIOR to coming to the convention.
Please bring your state-issued I.D. to complete the credentialing process. You will also need to bring your own pen to fill out your ballots.
Legislative District Check-in times:
Lane 1: Legislative District 11 & 12:
Lane 2: Legislative District 13:
Lane 1: Legislative District 14:
Lane 2: Legislative District 15:
Lane 1: Legislative District 16:
Lane 2: Legislative District 17:
Lane 1: Legislative District 18:
Lane 2: Legislative District 19:
Lane 1: Legislative District 20:
- Each vehicle will be directed to a lane which is dependent upon the Legislative District of the delegate. The attendant will ask each delegate to show their ID through the window. Upon properly credentialing each delegate, ballots will be safely distributed to the delegate through the vehicle’s window using proper social distancing methods.
The vehicle will then be directed to a VOTING AREA (similar to the Park-n-Wait at the SLC Airport). The delegate will safely park and fill out their ballots using their own pen.
When the delegate is through filling out their ballots, they will drive to the north exit and distribute ballots into a secured ballot box. Once the delegate has dropped off their ballots, they will exit the complex and return home.
(*Note: The Davis County Health Department and Davis County Commissioners have given their unanimous approval to hold our convention in this manner. We would like to emphasize that the health and safety of all who are involved are our greatest concern. We will be taking extreme measures to insure that this convention is conducted in a safe manner. Delegates will remain in their vehicles at all times and those conducting the convention will be wearing appropriate protective gear with social distancing practices employed at all times.)
If you have any other questions regarding the 2020 County Nominating Convention, please contact Davis County GOP secretary, Eric Short (phone: 801-644-8323 email: email@example.com).
Thank you for your service to the Davis County Republican Party!
Daniela Harding – DCRP Chair
Karece Thompson- DCRP Vice-Chair Eric Short- DCRP Secretary
Dan Brimhall- DCRP Treasurer